Thank you for participating in GLOW 2020 presented by TELUS. We are so excited to have your support for the BC Women’s Health Foundation’s first-ever interactive broadcast. Together, we will raise funds and awareness in support of reproductive mental health research at BC Women’s Hospital.
GLOW 2020 presented by TELUS is on Saturday, October 3.
TIPS AND IDEAS
Follow BC Women’s Health Foundation social media accounts.
Tag us in your content and use the hashtag #BCWomensGLOW
Get creative with your content! We’re hoping you can share your story and important statistics with your followers. We have branded content that you can share too.
1. Share your story – Share why reproductive mental health research is important to you — maybe you’ve had a friend or family member who has experienced postpartum depression or postpartum anxiety or maybe you have experienced this yourself.
2. Educate your followers – Inform your followers on why supporting reproductive mental health research and women’s health is important. Here are some facts to share below:
- Based on international data, it is estimated that up to 1 in 5 women experience postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, or other reproductive mental health concerns
- In British Columbia almost one quarter (23%) of new mothers reported feelings consistent with postpartum depression or anxiety.
- About half of all women with a history of depression will experience perinatal depression.
- Women with medically complicated pregnancies have significantly higher rates of anxiety than other pregnant women.
- Recent immigrant women and refugees are 3-5 times more likely to experience postpartum depression than Canadian-born women.
- Indigenous women in British Columbia, are at least 2 times as likely to experience postpartum depression.
- In Canada the rate of anxiety disorders during pregnancy and postpartum is estimated to be 3-4 times that of depression.
- Early research shows that there has been a substantial increase in the likelihood of maternal-related depression and anxiety for women in Canada during the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Tell your followers how they can support our cause:
- Buy an experience to GLOW, an interactive broadcast raising essential funds for reproductive mental health research.
- Culinary experiences for viewers based in the Lower Mainland
- Musical performance by Katharine McPhee
- Stories from women and families on their experiences with postpartum depression and postpartum anxiety.
- URL: bcwomensfoundation.org/glow2020
- Donate today to ensure women’s reproductive mental health needs are met.
Thank you so much for supporting this important cause. Together, we hope we can end the stigma of postpartum depression and postpartum anxiety and raise funds for essential reproductive mental health research.
If you have any questions or ideas on how we can increase our reach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on @bcwomens on Instagram