Think of the women in your life. Your grandmother. Your mother. Your daughter. Your sister. An aunt. A cousin. A coworker. A friend. During their lifetime, one in eight of them will likely hear the words, “You have breast cancer.”
DID YOU KNOW?
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second leading cause of cancer-related death among women living in Canada.
- One in eight women living in Canada will develop breast cancer in their lives, and one in 34 women will die from breast cancer.
- Screening saves lives. Regular screening mammograms can find breast cancer early, usually before it has spread.
- Dense breasts can increase a woman’s risk of breast cancer, and breast density can be determined with a mammogram.
- Screening mammograms are available for BC women age 40 and up.
Prevention and early detection through regular screening can save lives and help avoid invasive treatments. And we know that this life-saving screening is 100% reliant on advanced equipment and technology operated by specially trained radiologists and technicians.
We invite you to make a difference in the lives of the women you love through our Campaign – Invest in Breasts.
The goal is to partner with our community to equip the Sadie Diamond Breast Health Imaging Centre at BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre with state-of-the-art diagnostic technology – equipment that will save women’s lives through early detection and prevention.